Vision Plan Coverage
Full-time faculty and professional staff and their eligible dependents may participate in the Franklin and Marshall Vision Plan as of the first of the month coinciding with or following the date of hire. Employees have the option of receiving services from an extensive network of participating providers or may choose to use an out-of-network provider of their choice. Using a participating provider will offer enhanced in-network benefits.
Vision Plan Details
At Participating Providers:
• 100% coverage is provided for a comprehensive annual eye exam.
• 100% coverage for standard glass or plastic eyeglass lenses.
• Retail allowance (up to $100) for eyeglass frames once every two plan years.
• Up to $75 retail allowance* for Contact Lenses per year, in lieu of Lenses and Frame.
(100% coverage if medically necessary.*)
• Discounts of 20% off additional purchases of frames and lenses, excluding contacts,
at time of service.
At Non-Participating Providers:
• A claim form must be submitted for a comprehensive annual eye exam. Up to $30 will be
reimbursed for the exam.
• $25-$80 reimbursement for eyeglass lenses, depending on type.*
• Retail allowance (up to $25) for eyeglass frames once every two plan years.
• Up to $55 reimbursement * for Contact Lenses per year, in lieu of Lenses and Frame.
(Up to $150 coverage if medically necessary.*)
Please see the Schedule of Benefits for more information.
LASIK Eye Surgery Benefit:
NVA has chosen The National LASIK Network to serve our members. This network was developed by LCA-Vision inn 1999 and is one of the largest panels of LASIK surgeons in the U.S. Members are entitled to significant discounts and a FREE initial consultation with all in-network providers.
Vision Plan Employee Premiums (2019-20 rates remained the same):
|Employee + One||$4.88||$2.25|
|Employee + Family||$9.13||$4.21|
National Vision Administrators (NVA): (800) 672-7723
To find a list of Participating Providers, go to NVA Website, enter group #12600001 and your zip code, with a radius, to find providers near you.