Continuing professional development should be an ongoing process which continues throughout an employee’s career. It helps ensure your continued competence in your profession. Making an effort to help yourself grow professionally by acquiring new skills or knowledge, will help both your short term and long term success. Human Resources is pleased to make these resources below available to faculty and professional staff. Consider the following methods for enhancing your skills and capabilities. If participating in workshops or seminars, please be sure to have a supervisor's approval before registering.
F&M now has a lynda.com site license; granting full access to this resource to all current students, faculty and staff. It is an online library of high-quality instructional videos on the latest software tools and skills. With more than 4,000+ courses taught by industry experts—and more added every week— lynda.com is designed for all levels of learners and is available whenever you’re ready to learn. You can even view it on your mobile device.
You can find materials on topics such as:
Google Drive, Sheets and Docs
MSWord and Excel
SPSS and R
Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Computer programming languages
.....and many, many more....
- join the College's Toastmasters club
- attend meetings and events held on campus, including Common Hour events
- take a college level class; visit our Education Benefits webpage.
- attend professional development luncheons on campus
- Academic Impressions AI serves higher education professionals by providing educational products and services that help institutions tackle key, strategic challenges.
- Cargas (Cargas offers a popular "Successful Supervision" series at their Lancaster location)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Geared to advancement, alumni relations, and communications professionals
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (EACE) EACE develops educational programs and services, and facilitates connections and interaction between employers who seek to hire college students & alumni, the career services personnel who serve those students, and the associate members who serve the profession.
- Fred Pryor Seminars
- Harvard Business Review webinars
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce
- Learning Tree International
- Lorman Education Services Seminars
- Management Help An online, integrated library for personal, professional and organizational development. Simple; click and learn ideas.
- National Seminars Training
- Samaritan Counseling Center Supervisory skills and other employment-related, public workshops (717) 560-9969
- Skillpath Seminars From teambuilding and business writing to Microsoft® Office suite applications we bring hundreds of one- and two-day sessions right to your community.
- The Learning Link Local facilitation of strategic planning, team building, leadership assessment and development, supervisory skills workshops, etc.
- United Educators Risk management best practices, anti-harassment and related online training
- Workplace Answers Compliance-related training, safety training, supervisory workshops and webinars, etc.