Anyone who will be performing work for the College without wages needs to be registered through Human Resources as a College volunteer or non-employee. 

In order for the individual to classify as a volunteer he/she: 

1. needs to provide his/her services for civic, charitable, or humanitarian reasons without promise, expectation, or receipt of compensation for the services rendered;

2. needs to offer his/her services freely and without coercion, direct or implied; and

3. may not otherwise be employed by the College to perform the same services as those to be performed on an unpaid basis.

College volunteers receive no benefits, and no Workers’ Compensation or other insurance coverage.  Unpaid volunteers may serve for only a limited period of time, generally a maximum of one academic year.

If you are interested in registering a volunteer or other non-employee with the College, please complete the non-employee registration form.  Before you get started, be sure to have the following information available for the individual: name, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, emergency contact name & phone number.