International Travel Guidelines

Summary of Services

There are unique risks associated with foreign travel, and the College wants to help make your trip safe and productive. Several services are provided for employees traveling abroad on business. To access these services, complete the foreign travel registry form. When we receive your registration, we'll send you a package with information tailored for your trip, including travel alerts, medical alerts and an access card for the executive assistance program.

Travel Alerts:

We will provide up-to-date security information about events, conditions and "trouble spots" for your destination. We'll also provide an Airline Guide, City Guide, and an overall country risk rating that can help you make informed choices about your travel plans. The information is copyrighted and for the sole use of Franklin & Marshall College employees traveling abroad on business, so please keep it in-house.

Medical Alerts:

We will provide health information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control about your destination. The information may include vaccine recommendations; tips on staying healthy and avoiding sickness; suggestions on what you need to bring with you; and what you should do, if anything, after your return home.

Travel Assistance:

ACE Executive Assistance® Services for Educational Institutions

Executive Asssistance® is an array of valuable travel assistance services for U.S.-based schools, colleges and universities whose employees, faculty, students and chaperones travel overseas on sponsored trips and study abroad programs.

Features of Executive Assistance®:

  • Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Services

  • Medical Assistance Services

  • Emergency Political Evacuation/Relocation Services

  • Personal Assistance Services

  • Travel Assistance Services

  • Concierge Services

  • e-Services - online trip planning and tool

ACE Exectutive Assistance® Services will contact the College to verify your eligibility to use this service, so be sure to register your foreign travel plans.

Foreign Travel Insurance:

The College carries a foreign travel insurance package that can cover costs resulting from accidents that occur while employees are traveling on business. These are some of the coverages afforded by this policy:

  • Limited theft coverage
  • Coverage equivalent to worker's compensation insurance 24 hours a day, including evacuation and repatriation
  • Bodily injury and property damage liability for rented cars (doesn't include physical damage to the auto itself, so you should still buy that coverage from the rental facility)

Special Notice:

The foreign travel insurance policy will not cover losses that result from an act of war or terrorism. Also, if the U.S. State Department prohibits travel to a country, the foreign travel insurance policy will not provide coverage in that country.