Thanksgiving Break begins at 6:05 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. Classes resume on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 8 am. *College administrative offices are closed Wednesday November 27 - Sunday December 1. Public Safety and Blue Line are the exceptions to this*
Any students who wish to remain on campus for ANY part of the break (Tuesday night - Sunday morning) MUST register (including athletes). Students who live off-campus are also asked to register for safety purposes. If students do not register, their ID Card access to buildings will be inactive during the break. Please register to stay for THANKSGIVING BREAK here by Wednesday 11/20 at 8am.
The College has shuttles that travel to Baltimore (BWI), Philadelphia (PHL), and Harrisburg (MDT) airports. Shuttles will travel to the airports for departures on Tuesday & Wednesday. They will pick up arrivals on Saturday & Sunday. To review schedules, pay the shuttle fee, and get more information, visit: https://www.fandm.edu/administrative-services/break-shuttles-and-transportation
- Lunch on Tuesday 11/26 is the final meal plan meal before the break.
- Students that would like to purchase a Thanksgiving Break-only meal plan can do so by singing up via the break registration link. The meal plan will be a 8-voucher system for $50 and only work for Blue Line. Students receiving financial aid, accepting all loans, and currently on a fall semester meal plan will be eligible for a discounted rate. Auxillary Services will administer this meal plan program.
- College House kitchens will be closed. Students are reminded that it is violation of housing policy to cook in their rooms.
- Blue Line Cafe will be open every day of break EXCEPT Thanksgiving Day (11/28). Remember - meal plans will not be in effect after Tuesday lunch, but vouchers and Ben's Bucks will be accepted.
- Tuesday: 7am - 4pm (please pick up dinner early and use vouchers)
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday of break: 9am - 5 pm.
- Sunday: 10am - 10pm
- President Altmann will host a Thanksgiving Dinner on campus on Wednesday, November 27. Sign up to attend on the registration form. At this dinner, you will be able to take a box meal back to your room to eat the following day, as well, when most food venues are closed for the holiday.
- There will also be opportunities to attend a Thanksgiving meal at the home of an F&M Faculty or Staff member. Please see the sign-up email that will come from the Office of Student Affairs to be paired up with other students and a family.
- A google document summarizing community organizations/churches that provide Thanksgiving meals can be found here. Students should be logged into their fandm.edu account to view.
- In-season athletes should speak with their coaches regarding meals provided.
- The fall semester meal plan resumes with DINNER on Sunday December, 1.
Students are reminded that staying in their own rooms during campus breaks is a privilege and they are expected to keep trash cans from overflowing and public spaces clean.
- If a student has ID card access issues during the break (that cannot wait until Monday), they should email firstname.lastname@example.org. However they should expect a bit of delay since appropriate staff will be on vacation and need to remotely to assist as they are able. If you are having an emergency that cannot wait, please contact Public Safety for a one time assist.
- Custodial services will be on a reduced schedule as well to allow them time to celebrate the holiday with their families.
- The Lancaster Loop shuttle will run to the usual locations at the following times from outside the College Center:
- Friday, November 29. 4-8pm.
- Saturday, November 30. 10am-3pm.
- Local bus routes are an affordable and quick option for getting off campus.
- Enterprise car share is available on campus - see instructions and policies here.
- The F&M Department of Public Safety is open 24 hours a day throughout the break. They will be patrolling the campus and dorms each day.
- In the event of an emergency, please dial 717-358-3939 or 911.
- Lancaster General Hospital Urgent Care (check site for hours) and Emergency Room (always open) are located in Lancaster city.
- The Wellness Center and DipCares websites have a lot of information for local assistance as well. Scroll down for off-campus resources.
- The F&M Wellness Center will be closed.
If you are travelling:
- Make sure you tell someone where you are going if you are leaving campus (such as a friend) and when you plan to come back.
- If an international student is leaving Lancaster, they are advised to take all immigraiton documents. NEVER take your social security card with you on your travels. Secure your immigration documents at all times - campus breaks are the most common time for passports and other personal items to be stolen or lost in transit.
- If an F-1 international student is leaving the US - make sure you have the following to re-enter the US:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months into the future.
- Valid F-1 visa.
- Updated travel signature on page 2 of your Form I-20. The latest signature must be less than one-year old when you enter the US.
- For example, if your I-20 was last signed for travel on 5/20/2019 - that signature will work with the other items above until 5/19/2020.