Before Pandora and Spotify, college radio literally consisted of two turntables and a microphone. In these photographs from the fall of 1993, WFNM personnel Dave Mann ’94 (left) and Rich Quinlan ’95 are pictured “perusing” selections from the station’s record library. The F&M radio station traces its roots back to 1953, and the formation of the F&M Radio Club under the direction of student Richard Ott. In the fall of 1971, the station received a Class D FM frequency license and changed its call letters from WWFM to WFNM. Today—from its familiar spot overlooking Hartman Green—the student-run and College-owned station continues to offer a variety of programming, from classic rock and indie rock to jazz, international tunes, hip hop, and more.
Station to Station
Recent stories from Spring 2016 Articles
Certainly the high point of the festival was the outdoor concert featuring Melissa Manchester,...Read More