The Kunkel Aquatic Center is part of the Alumni Sports & Fitness Center (ASFC), a multipurpose athletic and recreation facility on the north side of Harrisburg Avenue. Home to Diplomat swimming, it is also open to the College community and the site of numerous scholastic and club swimming events. Prior to 1995, the F&M swimming teams competed in Fackenthal Pool, which opened in 1931 near the center of campus and has since been incorporated into the Roschel Performing Arts Center.
- Banners representing Centennial Conference member institutions hang from the rafters.
- Swimmers from various CC schools compete in eight lanes in the pool’s north end.
- On the north wall: F&M All-Americans and conference championship team banners.
- Large blue boards highlight F&M men’s and women’s swimming records.
- A glass facade provides a striking view of McGinness Pool.
- Backstroke flags five yards from each end of the racing lanes help ensure safety during backstroke events.