Address and Trail Guide
The Conservancy welcomes all F&M community members and all others to explore Millport!
Did you know?
- Volunteer opportunities at Millport include: An annual cleanup in March; periodic water quality testing; nature trail maintenance; scout projects; tree nursery maintenance; trout stocking and feeding; and tree planting and stream restoration.
- Students from the Warwick, Manheim Township, Conestoga Valley and Lancaster school districts, as well as from the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13, visit Millport for stream and terrestrial studies. The site also hosts preschools, retirement communities, and civic and religious groups.
- Millport serves as a site for water-quality research, as well as other environmental studies and archaeological fieldwork, by students and professors at Franklin & Marshall College. Each spring, approximately 400 F&M students visit Millport as part of their biology laboratory work. Classes from Elizabethtown College and Lebanon Valley College also are held at Millport.
- Millport has been the site of secondary science teacher training.
- The Conservancy is an ideal location for observing and photographing birds, fox, deer, frogs, turtles, herons, red-tailed hawks, wildflowers and many species of trees and plants.
- Millport and neighboring farms host the Lancaster County County Career & Technology Foundation’s annual “Fly on the Run” fishing tournament in May.
- The Donegal Chapter of Trout Unlimited maintains a tree nursery at Millport. The trees are used in streambank planting projects. The organization also holds its monthly board meetings and an annual picnic at Millport.
- F&M's Putting it Together in the Community program annually sends 12 students to Millport for a week of service projects.
- Scouting troops have created and maintained new trails, a campsite and directional signage.
- Millport hosts community and cultural events, concerts, art exhibits, seminars and retreats.
- The Conservancy created a community partnership to preserve the Star Barn structure and to locate all the outer buildings on the current premise.
Fishing at Millport
Fishing at Millport is catch-and-release fly fishing only and is managed by the Donegal chapter of Trout Unlimited. In order to fish at Millport you must be a Donegal Trout Unlimited (DTU) member, and have a valid PA fishing license and a yearly fishing badge from Trout Unlimited. To obtain the badge, please contact Tom Hall at:
President of DTU