Nine Franklin & Marshall alumni, working as Fulbright English Teaching Assistants in the world’s far-flung locations this year, have earned the College the distinction as a “top producer” of Fulbright awards.
This week, the Fulbright program released its list of top-producing colleges and universities and F&M ranked 13th among the nation’s four-year colleges.
The Fulbright recipients marked the largest number in the College’s history. F&M also was recognized as a top producer in 2014, when five students received Fulbright ETAs.
“I’m thrilled by this ranking,” said Monica Cable, director of fellowships in the Office of the Provost. “This is indicative of the quality of students we have who graduate with a desire to serve as cultural ambassadors for the United States.”
The nine alumni and the countries where they are serving are:
- Sara Albrecht-Soto ’17, Spain
- Michelle Bailey ’17, Taiwan
- Clarissa Grunwald ’17, Germany
- Briana Krewson ’17, Poland
- Sarah Nelson ’17, Germany
- Sheldon Ruby ’17, Indonesia
- Bendjhi Villiers ’17, Czech Republic
- Phoebe Walsh ’16, Malaysia
- Morgan Kincade ’16, Morocco
For the upcoming 2018-19 awards, F&M has 18 Fulbright semifinalists waiting for an announcement this spring.