Six new Franklin & Marshall graduates and two 2019 alumni of the College have been selected for this year’s Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships.
F&M’s selectees are:
- Eliot List '19 ETA Colombia
- Kate Meyers '19 ETA Poland
- Harmony Zhao '20, ETA Taiwan
- Kathleen Miao '20, ETA Taiwan
- Julia Kopala '20, ETA Taiwan
- Paige Alexander '20, ETA Taiwan
- Jaime Helm '20, ETA Germany
- Emma Lane '20, ETA Moldova
Six F&M graduates and alumni are designated as alternates for the program.
The alternates are:
- Sarah Silverstein '19, ETA Spain
- Hannah Fink '20, ETA Germany
- Griffin Sneath '20, ETA Germany
- David Mix '17, ETA Greenland
- Jocelyne Santos '20, ETA Argentina
- Coral Bello '20, ETA Colombia
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Fulbright has announced that all awards are postponed until January 2021 at the earliest while programs due to begin before that date have been shortened accordingly, so most will only last six months at best.
“This is certainly not a normal year,” said Monica Cable, F&M’s director of fellowships and adjunct assistant professor of anthropology. “There is inherent uncertainty about whether this year’s programs will run at all. But these students have put a lot of time and effort into the application and interview process. F&M’s impressive crop of Fulbright fellows reflects their hard work.”