Ph.D. in Philosophy, Yale University, 2012
Grants & Awards
- Sanders Prize in Metaphysics, 2014
- Yale University Dissertation Fellowship, 2010-2011
- Yale University Graduate Fellowship, 2006-2010
- Tuition Award, Conditionals Summer School at Central European University, 2009
- Travel & Tuition Award, The Ohio State University Workshop on Presupposition Accommodation, 2006
- Sage Fellowship, Cornell University, 2004-2006
- Research Award to attend LSA Summer Institute at MIT-Harvard, Cornell 2005
- "Fully Realizing Partial Realization," Glossa (forthcoming)
- "Passing Time," Erkenntnis (forthcoming)
- "Teleological Dispositions," Oxford Studies in Metaphysics, Volume 10 (2017). Winner of the 2014 Sanders Prize in Metaphysics.
- "Partial Manifistations," In Morphological, Syntactic and Semantic Aspects of Dispositions. Stuttgart, Germany: pp. 85-91 (2016).
- "Progressive Teleology," Philosophical Studies 172 (11):2931-2954 (2015).
- "On Bishops and Donkeys," Natural Language Semantics (2008) 16: 359-372.
- Singular Thought and Mental Files. Volume co-edited with Rachel Goodman and James Genone.
Undermining Williamson’s Modest Proposal
The Specific Yet Opaque in Situation Semantics
Telicity and Teleology
- "Partial Manifestations," Workshop on Aspect and Modality, Western Michigan University, April 2016
- "Trivializing Williamson's Modest Proposal," International Conference on Williamson, Philosophy and Logic, Peking University. October 2015.
- "Dibble Dabbling in -ible, -able, and -ing," Workshop on the Morphological, Syntactic and Semantic Aspects of Dispositions. University of Stuttgart. June 2015.
- "A Situation Semantics for Split Readings," ELLMM City. Yale University. October 2014.
- "On Byrne's account of perceptual evidence," Perceptual Evidence Conference. Rutgers University, Camden, NJ. March 2014.
- "Temporal Passage and Events in Progress,” APA Central Meeting (symposium paper), February 2014
- “On Shellenberg’s ‘The Particular Elements of Singular Thought',” Rationality and Reference Conference, Franklin and Marshall College, March 2013
- “On O’Rourke and Rotschy’s ‘Against Speaker Intentions’,” Eastern Meeting of the American Philosophical Association, December 2011
PHI100: Introduction to Philosophy
PHI244: Symbolic Logic
PHI272: Knowledge and Reality
PHI275: Topics in Metaphysics
PHI331: Free Will
PHI339: Philosophy of Language
PHI498: Philosophy Senior Research Seminar