Where do F&M students go to medical school?
In the past 3 years, applicants with a 3.4 overall GPA , 3.3 science GPA, and a 76% or better on their MCAT have earned acceptance to medical school at an 90% rate.
The following list contains only a handful of the schools to which F&M students have recently matriculated.
Columbia University, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Drexel University College of Medicine, Emory School of Medicine, George Washington University, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Temple University School of Medicine, The Commonwealth Medical College, University of Pennsylvania, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
Other Health Professions Schools our alumni have attended
Dental – Penn, Pitt, Tufts, Georgetown, Columbia, NYU
Vet – Penn, Cornell, University of Florida, University of Tennessee, University of Minnesota
Physical Therapy – Emory, University of the Sciences-Philadelphia, Jefferson University, Drexel University
Physician Assistant – George Washington, Duke, UMDNJ (now Rutgers), Arcadia, Penn State
Nursing – NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Case Western Reserve, Duke, Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, Penn
Public Health – Johns Hopkins, UNC Chapel Hill, BU, GW, Temple, Yale, Northwestern
Early Assurance and Affiliation Agreements with Medical Schools and a PA Program
Early Assurance Programs
Medical schools – George Washington and Penn State College of Medicine
- Outstanding students (3.5 minimum GPA) apply in the spring of their sophomore year and if selected after performing well on the interview day, receive a provisional acceptance to that medical school.
- Each program has a very specific application process and students work directly with Marissa Sheaf, M.S.Ed., Director of Health Professions Advising, throughout the process.
Physician assistant programs – Penn State College of Medicine
- Students apply in their junior year and if accepted, start PA school shortly after graduation.
- We have partnerships in place with Jefferson’s Physician Shortage Area Program and with Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for students who are applying after their junior year, senior year, or as alumni.
- F&M applicants automatically receive an interview if they meet criteria set by each medical school and if they perform well, they receive an acceptance.