We're Here to Help
Office of the Registrar
*As of March 17, 2020, the Registrar's Office will be closed, but the Registrar Office staff will be working remotely. Voicemails will be checked, but we encourage you to send email messages to email@example.com or indvidual staff members for faster assistance.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed each Thurday for Common Hour 11:20 am - 12:45 pm
Closed for Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break.
EXPANDED P/NP AND WITHDRAWAL POLICY FOR SPRING 2020:
*April 16 Update: Current Seniors will have until Thursday, May 14 (4:30 pm ) to declare a course P/NP and all other students will have until Monday, May 25 (4:30 pm ) to declare P/NP.
*March 24 Update: A grade of P will be assigned to grades of D- and above and a grade of NP will be assigned to grades of F.
1. Students will have the option of taking any of their classes P/NP. All restrictions regarding P/NP grading for general education courses and courses for the major and minor have been waived, as has the deadline for selecting the P/NP option. Faculty are not notified when students elect to take a course P/NP. Faculty will assign letter grades to students and those grades will be converted into P/NP by the Office of the Registrar.
2. Students will be able to select P/NP until Friday, April 24. Once the decision has been made to take a course P/NP, that decision is final. The Office of the Registrar will make an online form available for students who wish to take the P/NP option. Students are expected to discuss these options with their advisor, and advisors must indicate on the Registrar’s form that they have discussed grading options with the student prior to the student’s decision to select the P/NP option.
Students should request P/NP form through the Registrar Form Request. We will then send the P/NP form to you to complete electronically, and the form will then be routed to your adviser. If your adviser is your instructor, please list your department chair. If you have any questions or are unable to access the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Students will be able to withdraw (W) from a course until the last day of classes (April 30) as long as they are still within the limits set by the College (see https://www.fandm.edu/catalog/course-registration-and-credit). Withdrawals taken prior to April 18, 2020 will not appear on the student’s transcript. Students will need to petition CAS for additional withdrawals over the limit.
4. Students returned from study abroad will complete courses online to receive credit and may select the P/NP option if offered by their study abroad provider(s).
5. In the event that international or domestic students cannot access the appropriate research resources necessary to complete independent studies or required research papers, instructors will issue a grade of Incomplete (I). However, due to visa restrictions, senior international students may not receive “I” grades. In such cases, students will receive a provisional “P” with the expectation that the grade of Incomplete would be converted to either a letter grade or a permanent “P” once the necessary coursework has been completed.
Important Dates for Spring 2020
|Tuesday, January 21||Spring semester classes begin; 8:00 am|
|Tuesday, January 28||Deadline to add Independent Study, Directed Reading, or Internship for Credit; 4:30 pm
Deadline to add courses online; 11:59 pm
|Monday - Friday, February 17 - 28||Major Declaration Period|
|Friday, March 13; 4:30 pm -
Monday, March 23; 8:00 am
|Monday, April 6-Friday, April 17||Fall 2020 Registration Advising Period|
Friday, April 17 (updated 3/24)
Deadline to drop a course without record; 11:59 pm; Withdrawal form required for withdrawals after 2/4/20.
|Monday, April 20-24||Fall 2020 Course Registration begins at 11:00 pm; staggered by Class status|
|Monday, April 27||Drop/add for Fall 2020 opens for all classes; 11:00 pm|
Thursday, April 30 (updated 3/24)
Deadline to Withdraw With Record; 4:30 pm
|Thursday, April 30||Semester Classes end|
|Friday, May 1 - Monday, May 4||Reading Days|
|Tuesday, May 5 - Saturday, May 9||Final Exams|
Tuesday, May 12 (updated 4/16)
|Senior Final Grades Due; 10:00 am|
Thursday, May 14 (updated 4/16)
|P/NP Deadline for Seniors; 4:30 pm|
|Monday, May 18||All Other Grades Due; 10:00 a.m.|
Monday, May 25 (updated 4/16)
|P/NP Deadline for First Years, Sophomores, Juniors; 4:30 pm|
Pursuing a Course of Study