L&AD is F&M’s bold and strategic five-year plan (2022-2027). It is so named to capture not only our community’s ambitions for the College, but also, with its ampersand, F&M’s mission, identity, inclusivity, and core values. The plan was created with the input of hundreds of faculty, staff, students, trustees, and alumni, and is designed to advance the College and secure its position, in perpetuity, among the finest liberal arts institutions in the country.
Together, by leveraging excellence and accelerating discovery, we will achieve five key goals:
- Revitalize our curriculum to respond to and guide students’ evolving needs, goals, and interests.
- Empower students to engage in an inclusive and joyful community.
- Advance our aspirations through the highest and best use of all our resources.
- Center diversity, equity and inclusion as institutional values.
- Ignite a strong culture of philanthropy, service and rewarding engagement.