Welcome to the Student Employment Office at Franklin & Marshall College!
At F&M, student employment is more than a job - it’s a pathway to college and career success. Student employees play a vital part in our community as contributing members to nearly every F&M department and office.
In each position, students have the opportunity to further connect with the F&M community and find support to help them succeed as a student. We believe that students who actively engage in their position(s) will learn valuable transferable skills that will benefit them throughout their employment and career journey.
Student Employment leverages the platform of employment to assist students in:
- Earning income with the convenience of working on campus (financial stability)
- Connecting to the people, place, and mission of F&M (student engagement)
- Applying what they are learning in the classroom to the world of work (experiential education)
- Acquiring workplace and leadership skills that employers are looking for (career competencies)
- Providing opportunities for students to experience employment in a professional setting (career exploration and preparation)
The Student Employment Office (SEO) is staffed by Paul Daigle, M.Ed, Stephanie Kessler, and a team of student employees who can answer your questions and help you through the process of securing on-campus employment. Contact us at email@example.com, 717-358-6056, or stop by our drop-in hours (detailed below) for assistance. For a handout on general information related to Student Employment, please click here.
Student Employment is located within the Office of Student and Post-Graduate Development (OSPGD) on the lower level of Harwood Commons (building #14 on the campus map).
- August 30th - September 17th, 2021: drop-in hours will be held daily, from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the lower level of Harwood Commons. No appointments are necessary. (Office closed on 9/6 for Labor Day)
- September 21st - December 17th, 2021: drop-in hours will be held on Tuesdays, between 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., and Fridays, between 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. by appointment. Use this link to sign-up for a 15-minute appointment.
Any student needing to complete new hire paperwork will first need to request and complete the paperwork in advance of an appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request new hire paperwork.
Incoming First-Year and transfer students who are awarded Federal Work-Study or College Work Award will receive the paperwork automatically via their F&M email address in August. These students will complete the paperwork process on move-in day and must bring the required, original identification documents at that time (see I-9 form options). Failure to bring identification to campus will prevent students from acquiring on-campus employment.
This document details all state and federal legal disclosures and employee rights as outlined by the U.S. and PA Departments of Labor (DOL); DOL's Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); and the PA Human Relations Commission.