Required Paperwork 

Academic Year Policies 

Before starting an on-campus job, students must complete the following documents and bring an acceptable form/forms of identification to the Student Employment Office (SEO).  If you did not complete the required paperwork on Move-in day, you may download these documents or pick-up hard copies at the SEO.  Click on I-9 below to learn about acceptable forms of ID (page 3). Please click here to access the full folder of required documents, or you can click on each document individually, below.  All paperwork will need to reviewed and signed by SEO staff and we encourage students to come to the office during drop-in hours. (Fall 2020 Drop-in hours TBD)



More Information


More information

Certificate of Residence

More Information

Direct Deposit - must be accessed through InsideF&M>Finance>Payroll>Forms>Direct Deposit Form - Student Workers

Confidentiality Agreement

Workers' Compensation

Completing New Hire Paperwork During Move-In Day

Please Note:  The below information is subject to change for fall 2020, depending on F&M's COVID-19 policies and procedures. 

If you plan to accept an employment opportunity in the fall semester of your first year at F&M,  we encourage you to fill out the necessary paperwork prior to arriving on campus. You will also have the opportunity to complete employment paperwork on Move-In Day during registration. 

Please note: When you deliver completed forms or you complete forms on Move-In Day, parents may return home with the sensitive identification documents if they wish to do so. Scanners will be on-site at Move-In to upload all documents securely.

The most commonly presented and accepted forms of identification include a passport OR the combination of a driver’s license AND social security card or birth certificate. All documents must be original and unexpired. We are not permitted to accept photocopies/scans of such documents per Federal requirements. The name you provide on all employment forms must be your name exactly as it appears on your Social Security Card. For a complete list of acceptable identification documents, please see the I-9 Form.

If you turn in new hire forms at move-in but do not begin employment until after November 1st, all previously submitted new hire documents will be destroyed.  If you decide to accept an on-campus position after that date (whether in this academic year or a later one), you will need to provide all new hire documents and original identification documents at that time.

New F-1 international students who receive financial aid will complete all necessary new hire paperwork at a workshop the day before classes begin for the fall semester.  International Student Services will inform these students of the location and time of the workshop.  More information about the paperwork process and securing a Social Security Number is available here