Dance with Us at F&M!
Browse the slideshow of past productions by clicking on the arrow
Dance is the liberal arts foundation, a portal to every disciplinary perspective:
- Dance opens doors to understanding ourselves physically, expressively, and culturally, as individuals and as part of collectivities.
- Dance as an expression of history, culture, and action gives insights to the worlds of the social sciences.
- Precision and eloquence in verbal articulation of dance leads us to and through the humanities.
- Dance, a collaborative art of time and space, introduces us to other arts through sound, lighting, costumes, and sets.
- Understanding our bodies as biological, kinesiological entities responsive to physical forces, brings us to natural science investigations.
The F&M Dance Curriculum integrates performance and theory. In technique, composition, and other studio-based courses, you will also read about, write on, and analyze dance. And, in dance theory, analysis, and history courses, you will move through your studies on the dance floor.
Dance at F&M is taught and guided by professionally active Dance Faculty trained at the highest levels, with Masters and Doctoral degrees. Faculty members work directly with you: class sizes are small, guaranteeing close attention to each student at every level, while opportunities for one-on-one study abound in choreographic advising, independent studies, internships, and research collaborations. You will dance in our outstanding facilities at the Roschel Performing Arts Center: large, bright studios, and the superb Schnader Theatre stage, with a perfect view from any seat.
Events & News
This spring, after 33 years of distinguished service to the dance program at Franklin & Marshall College, Lynn Brooks retires. Her tenure as Arthur and Katherine Shadek Professor of Humanities and...Read More
In 1984, Lynn Brooks was hired to start a dance program at Franklin & Marshall College. At the time, there existed only the drama department, run by Gordon Wickstrom, and the dance club, run by...Read More
For more past dance productions visit our events and news page