Getting to F&M
Lancaster’s location offers easy access to major metropolitan areas. With an Amtrak train station just two miles from campus, you can ride the rails toward an exciting day in New York City or Philadelphia with your friends. Or, hop on the highway and reach major cities and airports in just a couple of hours.
- 40 minutes from Harrisburg International Airport (MDT)
- 1.5 hours from Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
- 1.5 hours from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- 2.5 hours from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- 2.5 hours from Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Approximately 90 minutes west of Philadelphia, Franklin & Marshall College is located 20 minutes from the Pennsylvania Turnpike and is easily accessible via major expressways.
Approximate Travel Times
- 1.5 hours from Baltimore
- 1.5 hours from Philadelphia
- 2 hours from Washington, D.C.
- 3 hours from New York City
- 4 hours from Pittsburgh
- 6 hours from Hartford
- 6.5 hours from Boston
Harrisburg International Airport, just 40 minutes away by car, is served by Air Canada, Allegiant, American Eagle, Delta, Frontier, United, and US Airways and features daily, nonstop flights to and from the following airports: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (O'Hare), Detroit, Orlando, Philadelphia, St. Petersburg, Toronto, and Washington, D.C. (Dulles).
Philadelphia International Airport is the largest airport in the state and has direct rail service to Lancaster through Philadelphia's 30th Street Station.
Baltimore-Washington International Airport is served by more than 20 airlines, including some discount carriers, and is only a 90-minute drive from Lancaster. Many visitors traveling from outside the Mid-Atlantic find BWI to be the most affordable airport when flying into the region.
Approximate Travel Times
By plane non-stop to Harrisburg (MDT)
- 1.2 hours from Albany (ALB)
- 2 hours from Atlanta (ATL)
- 1.5 hours from Boston (BOS)
- 1.5 hours from Charlotte (CLT)
- 2 hours from Chicago (ORD)
- 1.5 hours from Cincinnati (CVG)
- 1.2 hours from Cleveland (CLE)
- 1.5 hours from Detroit (DTW)
- 1 hour from New York (LGA)
- 1.5 hours from Toronto (YYZ)
- 0.5 hour from Washington, D.C. (IAD)
Lancaster is a major stop on the Amtrak Keystone Service between Philadelphia and points west. From Boston, New York, or Washington, D.C., you can transfer at 30th Street Station, Philadelphia, to the commuter service to Lancaster.