YOU Can Volunteer!
Are the words “How can I help?” part of your everyday vocabulary?
Whether it's a one-time opportunity or you wish to volunteer on a more regular basis, the Ware Institute interns can help you find a meaninful way to get involved in the community.
Volunteering 1, 2, 3!
Volunteering can be as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Complete the Ware Student Volunteer Application Form.
- Contact the Ware Institute at 717-358-4164 to set up a time to meet.
- Complete Volunteer Clearances Many organizations require volunteers to complete the three clearances (listed below) before you can volunteer, particularly if you work with children. For more information about how to complete and obtain these forms please visit the Ware Institute's Volunteer Clearances web page or contact the Ware Institute to assist you with completing clearances.
- PA Child Abuse History Certification
- Criminal Record Check
- FBI Criminal History fingerprint check (for students who have not been PA residents for the past 10 years.)
Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities
17 Spring Ware Interns
2017 Spring Ware Interns
Sane' (Mama) Bodian '18 -Campus & Community Outreach
Elisha Thomas '19- Campus & Community Outreach
Fatouma Kone '19 - Social Media & Marketing
Emilia Hudson '18 - Social Media & Marketing
Paraj Mathur '18 - Social Media & Marketing
Izzy Filigenzi '20 - Office Intern
Make It Count!
Make It Count - Report Your Volunteer Hours!
If you are a student or F&M professional staff member and volunteer in our community, please click on the Make It Count! link to the left to report your hours of service. Please complete this form whenever you volunteer. These hours will be used to submit data for the annual President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.
The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, launched in 2006, annually highlights the role colleges and universities play in solving community problems and placing more students on a lifelong path of civic engagement by recognizing institutions that achieve meaningful, measureable outcomes in the communities they serve.