- How do I put someone's research in departmental and disciplinary context?
- How do I encourage and evaluate junior colleagues' experiments in the classroom?
- What things are helpful to PS in evaluating candidates?
- How do I make the best case possible for someone who has struggled yet done good work?
- How do I frame criticisms firmly but constructively?
- How do I frame and interpret the vast quantities of evidence in someone's tenure file?
If you have these or other questions, then this meeting is for you. Come discuss your questions with a panel of recent PS members, who will talk about things you can do to make your evaluation letters more effective. Lunch provided for those who RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 10/25.