- What can you do in January and early spring to identifypotential job opportunities?
- How can you use F&M's True Blue Network to connect withF&M alumni and parents willing to mentor and help seniors?
- When is the right time to apply, and how can you make your resume and cover letters more compelling?
- What strategies should you use to prepare for and ace virtual interviews?
We will cover the answers to these and other questions during the Virtual Senior Boot Camp, a hallmark OSPGD program that will be broken into two components:
Senior Boot Camp Part 1
Wednesday, January 20, 1:00 - 3:00 pm EST
- Your First Job: Exploring and Identifying Options
- Understanding and Marketing Your Story Through a Compelling Resume, Cover Letters, LinkedIn Profile and Your "Tell Me About Yourself" (i.e. 30 second commercial)
Senior Boot Camp Part 2
Thursday, January 21, 1:00 - 3:00 pm EST
- Interviewing and Networking in a COVID 19 Labor Market (with individualized and small group mock interview practice included)
- How to Conduct a Job Search - Timing, Tools and Strategies
A digital handbook with templates will be provided to all registrants. More information will follow via email to registrants closer to the date of the program, which is timed intentionally to occur before F&M's January 22 Virtual Job and Internship Fair.
While staying longer in winter recess and J-Term mode may be tempting by the end of January, we promise you will feel more confident, prepared and ahead of the game by the end of Senior Boot Camp.