How do I request dining accommodations?

Dining accommodations are reserved for students with medical needs. We can help with a reduction in your meal plan or an exemption from the meal plan in extreme cases. All students, regardless of class year, are required to have a meal plan if they live in one of the College Houses or in an annex location on campus such as Thomas, Schnader, or Dietz Halls.

If you would like to learn more about healthy dining options at F&M, please refer to the Sodexo website for more information.

We STRONGLY recommend that any requests for meal plan changes be made within the first two weeks of the semester. After that time, it becomes more difficult to properly credit your student account through the Business Office. If you make a request for a meal plan reduction/exemption after the first two weeks of the semester, you will not be refunded for previous days on the meal plan.

Prior to registering with the Office of Student Accessibility Services for a meal plan reduction/exemption, we may ask that you meet with the Sodexo Dietitian to see if your food needs can be met without accommodation.

For a meal plan reduction/exemption:

  1. Register with SAS by completing an Intake Form
  2. Have your care provider complete a Dining Accommodation Form.
  3. Return the above information to SAS either through email to, your SAS Accommodate student portal, or fax to SAS at 717-358-4420.

Any questions or concerns? Please reach out to Kelly McAllister at 717-358-3989 or