11/25/2015 Adriana A. Atencio

Misha Rodriguez '17, F&M Works Intern

What do you do at the Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership?

"LHOP is an organization with the mission to increase the availability of affordable, quality and fair housing throughout Lancaster County. I assist Fern Dannis, who is LHOP's Chief Operating/Lending Officer. She runs many of LHOP's day-to-day operations. Right now her main priority is the upcoming Extraordinary Give so we've been working on some promotions for the event. I'm also currently working on a fun project for the LHOP blog about tiny houses and if they are a viable option for affordable housing."

Why do you volunteer or work within the community?

"I volunteer to become more connected with the community around me and to also do what all of us as human beings should do -- help each other."

What have you learned about yourself working for this organization?

"I have learned a lot more about what my passions are and a better idea for what kind of work I could see myself doing post-grad. I've also learned the importance of learning from experience,  not just classrooms. And I'm good at picking days to work because I get to have lunch at central market on my way to LHOP every Tuesday and Friday!"

Describe your volunteer or work experience in three words:

Exciting, Purposeful, Motivating!

"I have learned a lot more about what my passions are and a better idea for what kind of work I could see myself doing post-grad. I've also learned the importance of learning from experience, not just classrooms."
Misha Rodriguez
Misha Rodriguez '17 F&M Works Intern & Volunteer

January 27 - Salvation Army Dinner

Service Saturday on a SUNDAY-Salvation Army Dinner Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2019 Time: 2:30...

Vivian Valentin, Lancaster County Community Foundation...

The PSSI program allowed me to gain insights into community building that changed my perspective on...

Yunge Yu '19, ASSETS Internship

The PSSI program offers me a rewarding ​experience and makes me feel more connected to Lancaster....