5/21/2021 Ann L. Wagoner

WGSS Celebrates Class of 2021

• Johanna "Jo" Bear '21 Johanna "Jo" Bear '21

Johanna "Jo" Bear

As a joint Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Theatre major, putting these two disciplines in conversation with each other has helped me explore and interrogate power on a systemic level, while also allowing me to analyze performances and think critically about the ways in which they engage with race, gender, sexuality, disability, class and nationality in their form and content. In the fall of 2021, I will be moving to Dublin, Ireland to pursue my MA in Drama and Performance Studies at University College Dublin and I will be forever grateful for the WGSS program and my extraordinary mentors, including Professor Day, Professor Misra, Professor Tripp, and Professor Mayora for their guidance and support in making so much possible. 

• Nicole Olarsch '21 Nicole Olarsch '21

Nicole Olarsch

I minored in WGSS after realizing how much my interests aligned with those of the department. The professors in this department have pushed me to think in ways that I didn’t even think I was capable of, and gave me the confidence to actually believe in my own ideas and passions, and I am eternally grateful to them. Shout out to Prof. Rawal for an amazing Black & Brown Feminist Thought class. This class, although late in my F&M journey, helped me realize where my heart lies. As of now, I have a summer fellowship position with the non-profit organization, RespectAbility, in their Jewish Inclusion Department. After that, we shall see what the future holds!

• Lillian Rodriguez '21 Lillian Rodriguez '21

Lillian Rodriguez 

Celebrating WGSS Graduates

• Some of our faculty and students at the WGSS end-of-year celebration. Some of our faculty and students at the WGSS end-of-year celebration.

Congratulations, WGSS Class of 2021!

Johanna Bear
Riley Belden-England
Arianna Felix
Ashley Little
Yanli Lu
Nicole Olarsch
Lily Osman
Elizabeth Paige
Annaliese Rea
Lillian Rodriguez
Christopher Worrell

WGSS Award Winners

The Angela Jeannet Award

Johanna Bear '21

The Alice Drum Summer Research Award

Maritza Marquez '23
Kamakshi Shah '22

Exploring the Intersection of Economics and Feminism

Franklin & Marshall College senior Kamakshi Shah didn’t expect to fall in love with economics. She...

Maritza Marquez '23 Collects Stories of LatinX Immigrant...

During the summer of 2021, Alice Drum Summer Research Award winner Maritza Marquez '23 interviewed...

WGSS Announces Alice Drum Summer Research Award 2022

Students are invited to apply for the 2022 Alice Drum Summer Research Award in WGSS.