F&M WGSS-RELATED RESOURCES
The Central Pennsylvania Consortium (CPC), composed of Dickinson, Franklin & Marshall, and Gettysburg Colleges, holds an annual undergraduate Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies Conference each spring at one of the consortium colleges. The 2020 conference was canceled because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Visit the CPC Conference website for information on future confeences as it becomes available.
For information regarding Title IX Notification, federal law regarding sexual misconduct, and F&M's sexual misconduct/harassment policy and procedures, visit Sexual Misconduct and Awareness.
The Alice Drum Women's Center was founded in 1992 to encourage dialogue on women's and gender issues, advocate for women, and promote equality and mutual respect on campus. The Center offers resources and information on gender and sexuality as well as a myriad of opportunities to develop leadership skills. For more information, visit the ADWC website.
NATIONAL FEMINIST RESOURCES
- Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is a cutting edge organization dedicated to women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence. In all spheres, FMF utilizes research and action to empower women economically, socially, and politically.
FMF engages in research and public policy development, public education programs, grassroots organizing projects, leadership training and development programs, and participates in and organizes forums on issues of women's equality and empowerment. Source: www.feminist.org
- The Institute for Women's Policy and Research conducts and communicates research to inspire public dialogue, shape policy, and improve the lives and opportunities of women of diverse backgrounds, circumstances, and experiences. IWPR is the leading think tank in the United States applying quantitative and qualitative analysis of public policy through a gendered lens. Source: www.iwpr.org
- National Organization for Women (NOW) is a grassroots arm of the women’s movement dedicated to a multi-issue and multi-strategy approach to women’s rights and is the largest organization of feminist grassroots activists in the United States. Source: www.now.org
- Equality Now is an international women's rights organization dedicated to action for the civil, political, economic and social rights of girls and women.
- Guttmacher Institute works to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights in the United States and globally through an interrelated program of high-quality research, evidence-based advocacy, and strategic communications. The website offers information on a wide variety of women's health issues.
- Planned Parenthood is one of the nation's leading providers of high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people, and the nation's largest provider of sex education. We offer quality health care, backed by medical experts and over 100 years of research in reproductive care. Source: www.plannedparenthood.org
- Feminist Campus is a pro-choice student network. Feminist Campus works with students on college campuses across the country to effect change at the grassroots, national, and global levels.
International Women's Health Coalition (IWHC) advances the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and young people, particularly adolescent girls, in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. IWHC furthers this agenda by supporting and strengthening leaders and organizations working at the community, national, regional, and global levels, and by advocating for international and U.S. policies, programs, and funding. Source: www.iwhc.org
- The League of Women Voters is a multi-issue organization whose mission is to encourage informed and active participation of citizens in government and to influence public policy through education and advocacy on issues such as expanding voter access and fighting voter suppression.
- National Women's History Project recognizes and celebrates the diverse and historic accomplishments of women by providing informational services and educational and promotional materials.
F&M LGBTQ+ RESOURCES
For information about F&M's LGBTQ+ community, resources, events, and opportunities to get involved, visit F&M LGBTQ+.
This organization works to promote tolerance and equality for the LGBTQIA+ community on campus, and foster safe spaces for students to feel comfortable discussing LGBTQIA+ issues without the fear of judgment. Visit the SAGA website for more information.
Chelsea Reimann – Director, Alice Drum Women’s Center and Coordinator, Sexuality and Gender Alliance: email@example.com
ADWC / SAGA Center Open Monday to Friday 10am-5pm
Weekly meetings on Fridays from 5-6pm in the ADWC / SAGA Center on the second floor of the College Center
- Public Safety: 717-358-3939
- F&M Student Wellness Center & Counseling Services: 717-544-9051. On call Counselor: 717-544-9051 (press “0”)
- Katharine J. Snider, Title IX Coordinator: 717-358-7178 firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL LGBTQ+ RESOURCES
- Alder Health Services: www.alderhealth.org
- All Treatment: www.alltreatment.com/lgbtqia-friendly-alcohol-and-drug-rehab-centers
- American Civil Liberties Union PA Chapter: www.aclupa.org
- Capital Region Stonewall Democrats: www.capitalstonewall.org
- Central PA Womyn's Chorus: www.cpwchorus.org
- Commission on LGBT Affairs: www.governor.pa.gov/pennsylvania-commission-lgbtq-affairs/
- Harrisburg Gay Men’s Chorus: www.harrisburgmenschorus.org
- Keystone Business Alliance: Central PA’s LGBT Chamber of Commerce: www.cpglcc.org
- Lancaster PA Pride Fest: www.facebook.com/LancasterPAPride
- LGBT Center of Central PA: www.centralpalgbtcenter.org
- Mazzoni Center: LGBTQ Health & Well-Being: www.mazzonicenter.org
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape: www.pcar.org
- Pennsylvania Competes: www.pennsylvaniacompetes.org
- Pennsylvania Youth Congress: www.payouthcongress.org
- PFLAG (York): www.pflagyork.org
- Planned Parenthood (PP Keystone LGBTQ Youth Group, The Curve): www.plannedparenthood.org
- Pride Festival of Central PA: www.centralpapridefestival.com
- TransCentralPA: www.transcentralpa.org
- YWCA Lancaster: Sexual Assault Prevention & Counseling Center 24-Hour Confidential Hotline: 717-392-7273
- YWCA of Lancaster Rape Crisis Hotline: 800-654-1211
NATIONAL LGBTQ+ RESOURCES
- Asexual Visibility & Education Network (Forum): www.asexuality.org
- BiNet USA: www.binetusa.org
- Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere: www.colage.org
- Discover Data Science Guide for Minority Students in STEM: https://www.discoverdatascience.org/resources/minority-stem-guide/
- Family Equality Council: www.familyequality.org
- FORGE: www.forge-forward.org
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation: www.glaad.org
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network: www.glsen.org
- Human Rights Campaign: www.hrc.org
- Immigration Equality: www.immigrationequality.org
- Lambda Legal Defense & Education Fund: www.lambdalegal.org
- Log Cabin Republicans: www.logcabin.org
- National Center for Lesbian Rights: www.nclrights.org
- National Center for Transgender Equality: www.nctequality.org
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force: www.thetaskforce.org
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays: www.pflag.org
- Point Foundation: The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund: www.pointfoundation.org
- Soulforce: www.soulforce.org
- Stonewall Democrats: www.stonewalldemocrats.us
- Transgender Law Center: www.transgenderlawcenter.org
- Trevor Project (Crisis Lifeline for LGBTQ Youth to age 24): 1-866-488-7386 www.thetrevorproject.org
- Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860 www.translifeline.org
- TSER: Trans Student Education Resource: www.transstudent.org
- TWOCC: Trans Women of Color Collective: www.twocc.us