6/05/2015

Alumni Profile: Anna Lippe '10

• Anna Lippe '10 Anna Lippe '10
History Major, 2010; Winner of the John Landis III Award, 2009
Manager, Internal Communications at the Advisory Board Company

I never liked when people asked, "You are a history major? What are you going to do with that?" I knew the answer was, "Anything I want."

I loved that the F&M history major focused on reading, writing, and understanding the wider world. It made me a more curious person by exposing me to a variety of subject matters, from the Cuban revolution to the history of Jews in Iraq to the civil rights movement. 

Although I'm no longer reading history anthologies on Hartman Green, I use writing and critical thinking skills that I developed at F&M on a daily basis. I work in internal communications at the Advisory Board Company, a D.C.-based health care and education company. I have an F&M alum to thank for referring me! I'm also fortunate to have incredible network of F&M friends in D.C. and New York City.  

The F&M liberal arts education gave me the foundation to pursue my area of interest. That's what I got from my history major and my F&M experience. 

Although I'm no longer reading history anthologies on Hartman Green, I use writing and critical thinking skills that I developed at F&M on a daily basis.
Anna Lippe '10

"Shake My Hand": An Article by Anna Lippe

Anna uses her writing skills for freelance projects as well as in her full-time job. She shares one of them here, written while she was working in recruiting at the Advisory Board. Click here to read "Shake My Hand," a piece Anna wrote for the Washingtonian about the power of the handshake--and the legacy of the teacher who taught it to her.

Mueller Fellow Tells Stories to Illustrate Immigration...

Sandra Cisneros, a dual citizen of the United States and Mexico and a noted author and activist,...

Three Alumni Discuss 1969 Protest, Racial Consciousness at F&M

Benjamin Bowser ’69, Adrian Lamos Jr. ’72 and LeRoy Pernell ’71 never looked back when they...

Civil Discourse in Our Uncivil Age

For his Sept. 26 Common Hour topic, “Millennials and the Future of Civil Discourse,” Alexander...