6/05/2015

Alumni Profile: Anna Lippe '10

• Anna Lippe '10 Anna Lippe '10
History Major, 2010; Winner of the John Landis III Award, 2009
Manager, Internal Communications at the Advisory Board Company

I never liked when people asked, "You are a history major? What are you going to do with that?" I knew the answer was, "Anything I want."

I loved that the F&M history major focused on reading, writing, and understanding the wider world. It made me a more curious person by exposing me to a variety of subject matters, from the Cuban revolution to the history of Jews in Iraq to the civil rights movement. 

Although I'm no longer reading history anthologies on Hartman Green, I use writing and critical thinking skills that I developed at F&M on a daily basis. I work in internal communications at the Advisory Board Company, a D.C.-based health care and education company. I have an F&M alum to thank for referring me! I'm also fortunate to have incredible network of F&M friends in D.C. and New York City.  

The F&M liberal arts education gave me the foundation to pursue my area of interest. That's what I got from my history major and my F&M experience. 

Although I'm no longer reading history anthologies on Hartman Green, I use writing and critical thinking skills that I developed at F&M on a daily basis.
Anna Lippe '10

"Shake My Hand": An Article by Anna Lippe

Anna uses her writing skills for freelance projects as well as in her full-time job. She shares one of them here, written while she was working in recruiting at the Advisory Board. Click here to read "Shake My Hand," a piece Anna wrote for the Washingtonian about the power of the handshake--and the legacy of the teacher who taught it to her.

'Authoritarianism or Democracy' to Feature Gosse, Chomsky,...

F&M History Professor Van Gosse will participate with Noam Chomsky and Ty dePass in a webinar...

Remembering Prof. Matthew B. Hoffman

Prof. Matthew Hoffman is remembered by Franklin & Marshal College colleagues.

F&M History Dept. Supports AHA Statement Against Racial...

The F&M History Department supports the recent statement by the American Historical Association...