10/30/2015

Alumni Profile: Dan Tischler '08

History Major, 2008
Assistant Baseball Coach and Recruiting Coordinator,
Columbia University

My time at F&M, specifically in the History Department, was invaluable to my development as a critical thinker and someone who tries to see all sides of an issue. As a coach whose job is to communicate with young people every day and try to educate them in my field, the communication skills I learned at F&M have served me extraordinarily well. I became used to speaking in front of big groups, having people ask questions that made me think, and then defending (or adjusting) my views.

In the two most vital parts of my job, coaching and recruiting, the organizational, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills I developed as a history major at F&M come into play every day. 

• Dan Tischler '08 (#20) with other coaches of the Columbia University baseball team Dan Tischler '08 (#20) with other coaches of the Columbia University baseball team
  • Dan Tischler '08 Dan Tischler '08
"My time at F&M, specifically in the History Department, was invaluable to my development as a critical thinker and someone who tries to see all sides of an issue."
Dan Tischler '08

'Authoritarianism or Democracy' to Feature Gosse, Chomsky,...

F&M History Professor Van Gosse will participate with Noam Chomsky and Ty dePass in a webinar...

Remembering Prof. Matthew B. Hoffman

Prof. Matthew Hoffman is remembered by Franklin & Marshal College colleagues.

F&M History Dept. Supports AHA Statement Against Racial...

The F&M History Department supports the recent statement by the American Historical Association...