10/30/2015

Alumni Profile: Dan Tischler '08

History Major, 2008
Assistant Baseball Coach and Recruiting Coordinator,
Columbia University

My time at F&M, specifically in the History Department, was invaluable to my development as a critical thinker and someone who tries to see all sides of an issue. As a coach whose job is to communicate with young people every day and try to educate them in my field, the communication skills I learned at F&M have served me extraordinarily well. I became used to speaking in front of big groups, having people ask questions that made me think, and then defending (or adjusting) my views.

In the two most vital parts of my job, coaching and recruiting, the organizational, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills I developed as a history major at F&M come into play every day. 

• Dan Tischler '08 (#20) with other coaches of the Columbia University baseball team Dan Tischler '08 (#20) with other coaches of the Columbia University baseball team
  • Dan Tischler '08 Dan Tischler '08
"My time at F&M, specifically in the History Department, was invaluable to my development as a critical thinker and someone who tries to see all sides of an issue."
Dan Tischler '08

Mueller Fellow Tells Stories to Illustrate Immigration...

Sandra Cisneros, a dual citizen of the United States and Mexico and a noted author and activist,...

Three Alumni Discuss 1969 Protest, Racial Consciousness at F&M

Benjamin Bowser ’69, Adrian Lamos Jr. ’72 and LeRoy Pernell ’71 never looked back when they...

Civil Discourse in Our Uncivil Age

For his Sept. 26 Common Hour topic, “Millennials and the Future of Civil Discourse,” Alexander...