7/14/2016

Alumni Profile: Miles Lang-Kennedy '08

• Miles Lang-Kennedy '08 Miles Lang-Kennedy '08
History Major, 2008
Communications Manager, Cambridge Health Alliance, Somerville, Mass.

I graduated from Franklin & Marshall College in the spring of 2008 with a double major in history and government. After college I completed a yearlong term of service with AmeriCorps working with Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Recently I served as the chief of staff to the mayor of the City of Revere, Massachusetts, after working on local, state, and federal campaigns. Currently I am the communications manager at Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA), which is a safety net health-care organization serving more than 150,000 patients in Boston’s Metro North communities. I also recently completed a certificate program in local government management through Suffolk University and the Massachusetts Municipal Association and am looking to pursue a master’s  degree in public administration.

The critical thinking, time management, and writing skills that I developed while part of the history program at F&M prepared me for my current role. History classes at F&M value class participation; learning how to develop arguments as well as using facts and reason continue to be among the most important skills I developed in college. The history major also requires students to dive into readings in order to prepare for classroom learning. In my current role, I continually force myself to research and hone my skills through reading scholarly articles from my field. Professors put significant emphasis on developing arguments through the written word, which has enabled me to excel in my position. All of these skills gave me a huge leg up on preparing for the professional world and I would not trade my education for anything. 

"The critical thinking, time management, and writing skills that I developed while part of the history program at F&M prepared me for my current role."
Miles Lang-Kennedy '08

Mueller Fellow Tells Stories to Illustrate Immigration...

Sandra Cisneros, a dual citizen of the United States and Mexico and a noted author and activist,...

Three Alumni Discuss 1969 Protest, Racial Consciousness at F&M

Benjamin Bowser ’69, Adrian Lamos Jr. ’72 and LeRoy Pernell ’71 never looked back when they...

Civil Discourse in Our Uncivil Age

For his Sept. 26 Common Hour topic, “Millennials and the Future of Civil Discourse,” Alexander...