Grundy Observatory and Public Observing
The Grundy Observatory features an 1884 vintage 11-inch Alvan Clark refracting telescope and a 16-inch Boller & Chivens classical Cassegrain reflecting telescope. The observatory is located on Baker Campus just off Harrisburg Pike.
Public observing night at the observatory is the third Monday of each month all year (weather permitting!). There is no charge and parking is available.
For questions about the observatory public night, please call Lynn Johnson at (717) 358-4136.
Directions to the Observatory:
- From Harrisburg Pike turn south onto President Avenue.
- Take President Avenue to Valley Road.
- Turn right onto Valley and go straight until you come to Wilson Ave.
- Turn right onto Wilson.
- Go several blocks until you come to a chain link fence.
- Go through the gate and follow the driveway to the parking area.